We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Principal Consultant, Data Governance. This role is critical to support the growing demand of Data Governance and BI Governance requests and to be proactive about developing SME Solutions Group’s service offerings in this space. This position is a blend of Business Process skills along with technical skills for the technical implementation of data governance solutions. This position reports to the Director of Operations at SME Solutions Group.
- Consult directly with external clients on Data Governance, BI Governance and related topics. Work includes development of a Governance strategy leveraging experience and best practices, non-technical solution implementation including process & change management, as well as technical solution implementation to develop data quality rules and solutions within a system.
- Develop data quality scorecards, develop data quality rules in SQL and perform QA and documentation tasks.
- Monitor and operate the data governance platforms and related tools (Collibra DGC experience preferred).
- Create and maintain documentation within MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Mentor junior staff.
- Report to Executive Team.
- Travel Required but limited.
- Candidates can reside in Tampa, Philadelphia, Baltimore, or Raleigh.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred.
- 3 + years related experience (management consulting, solution implementation).
- Meta-data management experience is a plus.
- Development experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, etc.. is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable about Business Process Management (BPM) and other process methodologies (6 Sigma/Lean, etc..).
- Knowledge of data lifecycle and maintenance processes including data quality management processes.
- Demonstrated successes in data analysis, drawing conclusions and improvement.
Competitive salary and benefits are available based on candidate’s experience, please include your desired salary range with your resume submission.
- US Citizen or Green Card required.
- Proactive and self-starter.